Slag pot is a load-bearing device whose sole purpose is to collect molten or solid slag generated during metallurgical or chemical processes, to retain it during
transport and to deposit it at a place of disposal.
Slag pots are made from Cast Steel, we will offer the material specification as you required.
Standard Specifications for Cast Steel：
Slag pot design
Slag pots are crucial items as they are part of lifting equipment and therefore undergo in terms of mechanical design engineering and handling the national safety
regulations of the state where they are supposed to be operated. Thus, the following design criteria must be taken into consideration:
Type of furnace that the slag pot will service
Quantity and type of slag generated,
Method of handling and dumping the pot,
Heat impact during operation,
Pot maintenance procedures
Slag pot production Process
1. Wooden pattern Production
4. First cleaning
5. Heat treatment – grinding (inspection)
6. Rough machining (inspection)-finishing machining (inspection)
Slag pot quality assurance
The fabrication route is governed by the provisions of the implemented Quality System ISO 9001: 2000. The standard documentation ensures the full traceability of every process step:
• Manufacturer test certificates according to DIN EN 10.204 § 3.1 including chemical composition, mechanical properties and non-destructive examination;
• Dimensional check supported with a “as-built“ sketch;
• Record of the heat treatment chart;
Slag pots designed by SMC comply with the requirements of structure dimensions, mechanical properties and guarantee by chemical composition, heat treatment, non-destructive testing and visual inspection against surface.