Channel is the strip steel section with a groove shape. Channel steel is carbon structural steel which used in the construction and machinery. It is the section steel in a complex section. Channel steel is mainly used for building structure, the curtain wall engineering, machinery and vehicle manufacturing, etc.
Specifications of Channel Steel:
1) Standard: AISI, ASTM, BS, DIN, GB, JIS
2) Grade: SS400, Q235A, Q235B, Q345, Q345B, etc.
3) Main material: SS400, Q235A, Q235B, Q345, Q345B, A36, S235JR, ST37, etc.
4) Type: equal & unequal
5) Size: (20*20*2mm) - (200*200*25mm)
6) Length: 6m, 12m or as you require
7) Tolerance: according to the standard
8) Production techniques: Hot rolled, cold bend
9) Surface treatment: Hot dip galvanized, cold dip galvanized, black
10) Zinc coating: 15µm - 80µm or 120g/m2 - 600g/m2
Packaging of Channel Steel
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of Channel Steel for Shipbuilding:
1) Framework of construction and engineering
2) Steel tower
4) Construction joint
5) Derrick frame, etc.