Cold-formed steel is the common term for products made by rolling or pressing steel
into semi-finished or finished goods at relatively low temperatures (cold working).
Cold-formed steel goods are created by the working of steel billet, bar, or sheet
using stamping, rolling (including roll forming), or presses to deform it into a usable product.
Cold-worked steel products, such as cold-rolled steel bar stock and sheet, are commonly
used in all areas of manufacturing of durable goods, such as appliances or automobiles,
but the phrase cold-formed steel is most prevalently used to describe construction materials.
Shanghai Metal Corporation's Cold-formed Steel Sections are suitable for practically any kind of steel
structure, whether for commercial or residential use. They are also available for use in machines and appliances.
Specifications of Cold-formed Channel Steel:
1) Size: 41mm*21mm or 41mm*41mm back to back 41*41mm, 41*62mm, 41*82mm
2) Thickness: 4 mm - 8mm
3) Length: 10 and 20 feet (3m, 5.8m, 6m ), special lengths are available upon request
4) Holes: 9*35mm, 11*35mm, 14*30mm, etc.
5) Material: Cold Formed Carbon Steel
Specifications of Cold formed Channel Steel:
1) Size: 2# - 20#
2) Thickness: 3.0 - 16.0
3) Length: (line-specific differences)≤21 000, special length are available upon request
4) Material: Cold Formed Carbon Steel
5) Surface Treatment: HDG (hot dipped galvanized), Pre-galvanized, Cold-galvanizing, powder coating
Tolerances of Cold formed Channel Steel:
Dimensional and cross-sectional tolerances of cold-formed sections are specified in EN 10162. Customer-specific tolerances can be agreed on separately. SMC also offers tolerances with cross-sectional wall thicknesses of ＞8- ≤12.5 mm. The standard states that the tolerances in this thickness range are to be agreed on separately.
Advantages of Cold formed Channel Steel:
1) The strength to weight ratio is excellent
2) Metals join easily
3) Efficient shapes are available, etc.
These advantages create challenges that are best solved by a good understanding of how the metals actually perform in a structure.
Specifications of Cold formed C Channels:
1) Width: 20mm - 350mm
2) Length: According to customer
3) Thickness: 0.8mm - 6mm
4) Material: Cold Formed Carbon Steel, Electric galvanize, Galvanized steel sheet
5) Surface Treatment: Slotted hole, HDG (hot dipped galvanized),
Pre-galvanized, Cold-galvanizing, powder coating
Advantages of Cold formed C Channels:
1) Design according to customers’ requirements
2) Manufacture under complete quality control system ISO9001
3) Installation with instruction of experienced engineers
4) Easy to assemble and dismantle
5) Eco-friendly material: can be used for several times and can be recycled
Specifications of Steel Sheet Piles:
1) Thickness: 3mm - 17mm
2) Width: 400mm - 900mm
3) Length: According to customer
4) Grade: S235, S355GP, S430GP, Q345B, MDB350
5) Material: Cold Formed Carbon Steel, Electric galvanize, Galvanized steel sheet
Advantages of Steel Sheet Pilings:
1) High strength to weight ratio
2) Good degree of watertightness
3) Comprehensive range of heavy section profiles and lengths available Steel Pile 3D
4) High section modulus leading to reduced deflections
5) Good driving properties and durability
Parameters of Cold-formed Channel Steel:
Packaging of Cold Formed Steel Section
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
To meet the entirety of our customers business needs, SMC offers its services as a “One-Stop Shop” for business services including Purchasing, Value-Added Manufacturing, Packaging/Labeling, and Delivery. SMC prides itself on achieving superior results and satisfying customer needs. In this, we earnestly strive to fulfill our role as trustworthy and reliable supplier of business services throughout the entire world.
Our Value-Added Manufacturing Services not only save our customer time from having to out-source, but also spare them the cost of dealing with several disparate shops and deadlines.
The use of cold-formed steel construction materials has become more and more popular since its initial introduction of codified standards in 1946. In the construction industry both structural and non-structural elements are created from thin gauges of sheet steel. These building materials encompass columns, beams, joists, studs, floor decking, built-up sections and other components. Cold-formed steel construction materials differ from other steel construction materials known as hot-rolled steel (see structural steel). The manufacturing of cold-formed steel products occurs at room temperature using rolling or pressing. The strength of elements used for design is usually governed by buckling. The construction practices are more similar to timber framing using screws to assemble stud frames.
Applications of Cold-formed Channel Steel:
1) Building frames
2) Bench frames
3) Floor framing
8) Cattle grids
10) Tank stands
11) Television towers
12) Car trailers
13) Rails, etc.
Structural steel shapes are suitable for a wide variety of uses.