Cold Heading Quality Steel Wire Rod (CHQ Wire Rod) involves particular raw
materials and chemistry to withstand swedging and heading and forming with
great quality. It is suitable for fastener and cold heading applications such as
bolts, nuts, screws, rivets, nails, etc. SMC keeps strict control of the surface
and chemical composition of the wire to offer the best product.
Specifications of Cold Heading Quality Steel Wire Rod (CHQ Wire Rod):
1) Brand: SMC
2) Wire diameter: 5.5mm - 30mm
3) Coil weight: 2,000kg
4) Grade: SUJ2, SWCH6A-10A, SWCH12A-45K, SCM415-420,
SCM435-440, SCr415-440, SWCH6A-22A, SWCH6A, SNCM240,
SCr415-420, SCr435-440, SCM415-420, SCM435-440, SCr415-420, SCM415-420, etc.
5) Technic Process: Pickling & coating, Intermediate drawing, Spheroidized annealing, Skin pass
Diameter tolerance: +/-0.04mm for below 10mm, and above 10mm +/-0.55mm
Other available material:
1) Low and medium carbon steel
2) Alloy steel
3) Stainless steel
4) Non ferrous materials like copper and brass, etc.
Executive standard: ASTM A545
Parameters of Cold Heading Quality Steel Wire Rod (CHQ Wire Rod):
Packaging of Cold Heading Quality Steel Wire Rod (CHQ Wire Rod)
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Features of Cold Heading Quality Steel Wire Rod (CHQ Wire Rod):
1) High strength and hardness
2) High production efficiency
3) Low cost and strong fatigue resistance
4) Grain flow which improves the finished part grain structure
Applications of Cold Heading Quality Steel Wire Rod (CHQ Wire Rod):
a) Engine: spark plug shell,cylinder head bolt, piston rod, etc.
b) Steering system (ball joint stud, tie rod pin, pinion, etc.)
c) Wheel: hub bolt, nut, etc.
2) Airplanes: High-tension bolts for wings
3) Bearing : roller bearing, ball bearing, etc.
4) Construction: fastener bolt, etc.