Galvanized Steel Pipe is coated by zinc that protects steel from corrosion. It can be used on both commercial and residential areas, including water system, fencing, air condition (HVAC), handrail and guardrail, etc. To satisfy the different needs, our SMC offers several of steel shapes and two types of materials for your choice.
Specifications of Galvanized Steel Pipe:
1) Standard: ASTM A53, BS1387-85, GB/T3091-08, DIN2440, JIS-G3444, EN10255
2) Grade: Q195, Q215, Q235, Q345, S235JR, S275JR, STK400, STK500
3) Type & Zinc Coating:
Hot dip galvanized steel pipe (zinc coating: 60g/m2 - 275g/m2)
Pre-painted galvanized steel pipe (zinc coating: 80g/m2-275g/m2)
4) Outside diameter:
Round pipe: 17mm - 273mm
Square pipe:15mm x 15mm - 400mm x 400mm
Rectangular pipe: 10mm x 20mm - 200mm x 400mm
5) Wall thickness:
Round pipe: 0.6mm - 12mm
Square pipe: 0.6mm - 20mm
Rectangular pipe: 0.6mm - 20mm
Galvanized pipe has been coated with a layer of zinc. The zinc provides a barrier against corrosion so that the pipe may be exposed to the outdoor environmental elements. The protective barrier proves equally effective against damage from indoor humidity.
Packaging of Galvanized Steel Pipe
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Shanghai Metal Corporation provides standard seaworthy packaging to worldwide customers, usually the tubes are packed in bundles, wrapped by plastic bag, fixed by steel strip, and then placed in the container with steel wire fixing. All these packing detail are to ensure your goods will be safely delivered in your hands.
This type of pipe is used in a variety of settings. Prior to 1970, galvanized steel was utilized for water-supply pipes in construction. It is used in outdoor applications wherever the strength of steel is desired, such as fence posts and rails, scaffolding and as protective railings.
Here are some of the information to help you choose and use Galvanized Steel Pipe:
1) Can be used for carrying water.
2) Commonly used as fencing, scaffolding frame, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) on both commercial and residential areas; it can also be used in bridgework and business to make handrail and guardrail, because of its resistance to corrosion, and the strength and durability.
3) Costs more than black steel pipe because of the zinc coating and manufacturing process involved in producing galvanized pipe.
4) Long life time: because of its extremely rigid and strong, it has a lifespan of 40 years.
When used as water pipe, the zinc barrier coating tends to react to the minerals in the water, often causing plaque to build up inside of the pipe. This impedes the water flow and, in severe cases, may lead to burst pipes. Galvanized piping is connected with threaded fittings that may also introduce leaks into the plumbing if not properly fitted.