Heavy duty steel gratings are also called heavy duty steel gratings. Heavy duty steel gratings are made of
a certain size of carbon flat steel, stainless steel, brass plates, aluminum plates through slots (holes),
plug-in locks, welding, finishing and other processes.
Made. The pressure lock grille plate culverts the characteristics of high-strength, anti-corrosion and
maintenance-free of the pressure-welded steel grid plate, and it has the unique combination of precision,
light and beautiful structure, natural harmony and elegant style.
Heavy duty steel gratings are widely used in civil engineering and commercial buildings, theaters, subways,
urban railways and other municipal engineering fields. They can be used in airport, highways, industrial
platforms, port terminals and other site platforms with special requirements.
Shanghai Metal Corporation is a professional manufacturer and supplier of Heavy Duty Steel Grating with
high quality and reasonable price. If you want to know more about Heavy Duty Steel Grating products or
Heavy Duty Steel Grating price please feel free to contact us, we will reply you within 24 hours.
Specification of Heavy Duty Steel Grating:
1. The shape of bearing bar: Plain type (may be omitted in the symbol of steel grating), Serrated type and
2. Bearing bar pitches can be 12.5, 15, 20, 30, 30.16, 32.5, 34.3, 40, 60, 80mm, of which 30mm & 40mm
3. Cross bar pitches can be 40,50,60,65,76,100,101.6,120mm are recommended.
4. Surface treatment: Hot-dip galvanizing, paint or other anti-corrosive coatings are available, of which
hot-dip galvanizing is generally recommended.
5. Material: Carbon steel/ stainless steel
The allowed deviation of length is +0/-5mm, while the allowed deviation of width is +/-5 mm.
The non-perpendicularity of bearing bar is allowed no more than 10% of width of bearing bar.
Cross bar surface should not surpass bearing bar surface 1mm, beginning & end of cross bar should not
surpass the end surfaces of two sides of grating 2mm.
Popular Types of Heavy Duty Steel Grating:
1. Steel grating with 30mmx50mm bearing bar pitch is the most widely used in industrial area. Among the general series, it maintains the strongest resistance to impulsive force.
2. Steel grating with 40mmx50mm bearing bar pitch is one of the most economical & lightest types. It should be the best choice to customer on the occasion when the clear span is small.
3. Steel grating with 60mmx50mm bearing bar pitch & 50mm cross bar pitch is developed specially for mining industry. As it can avoid the mineral splashing down on board, it’s appointed to use in fabrication plant, transfer terminal & other areas of mining.
Manufacturing Process of Heavy Duty Steel Grating:
Material-welding-cutting-end plate welding-surface treatment-final shipment
Saddle Clip Heavy Duty Steel Grating:
Type A saddle clip- composed of a top board with double hooks, a holding down plate with teeth and M8 inner-hexagon-bolt.
Type B saddle clip- composed of a top board with double hooks (one of hooks can draw together the two neighboring steel gratings), and a holding down plate with teeth and a M8 inner-hexagon-bolt.
Type C saddle clip-composed of a top board with double hooks and a M8 hexagon-bolt can be welded in supporting structure
Packaging for Heavy Duty Steel Grating:
SMC Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer’s requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I.D. and quality information.
Application of Heavy Duty Steel Grating:
Heavy Duty Steel grating can be used in the fields of heavy loaflooring, catwalk, mezzanines/decking, stair tread, fencing, ramp, dock, trench cover, drainage pit cover, maintenance platform, pedestrian/crowded pedestrian, factory, workshop, motor rooms, trolley channel, heavy loading area, boiler equipment and heavy equipment area, etc
1.Plain: one of the most widely used gratings, available for flooring, sidewalk, drainage pit cover, stair tread, etc.
2.Serrated: Better non-skid property & safety compared with plain grating.
3.I-shape: lighter, more economical and practical comparing with plain grating.
Instruction of Selecting Heavy Duty Steel Grating: