Specifications of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Strip:
1) Capacity: about 15,000 ton per month for steel strip/tape product
2) Thickness: from 0.125mm to 3.0mm, all available
3) Width: As your request
4) Grade: SGHC, Q195, SGCC, DX51D
5) Coil weight: from 50kg to 7000kg, all available
6) Coil ID: 100mm/508mm
7) Tensile strength: 28.1kgf/mm2 - 49.2kgf/mm2
8) Zinc coating weight: 30g/m2 - 600g/m2
9) Spangle : big spangle, normal spangle, small spangle, non-spangle
10) Surface treatment: chemical passivating treatment, oils, passivating + oils
11) Min. trial order 5ton each thickness, 1 x 20' per delivery
12) Surface Treatment of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Strip:
13) Spangle of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Strip:
14) Feature: Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Strip/Coil is manufactured to have a long durability, strong corrosion resistance and shiny surface.
It is also features excellent forming properties, paintability, weldability, and is suitable for fabrication by forming, pressing and bending.
Supplied in varied sizes and thicknesses, these strips find usage in industries like electrical, tool processing, engineering and valve manufacturing. These strips are designed and fabricated by our highly adroit professionals using excellent class raw material with progressive technology. The provided strips are obtainable different specifications to cater the diverse needs of customers at leading market rates.
The process of hot-dip galvanizing results in a metallurgical bond between zinc and steel with a series of distinct iron-zinc alloys. The resulting coated steel can be used in much the same way as uncoated.
A typical hot-dip galvanizing line operates as follows:
Steel is cleaned using a caustic solution. This removes oil/grease, dirt, and paint.
The caustic cleaning solution is rinsed off.
The steel is pickled in an acidic solution to remove mill scale.
The pickling solution is rinsed off.
A flux, often zinc ammonium chloride is applied to the steel to inhibit oxidation of the cleaned surface upon exposure to air. The flux is allowed to dry on the steel and aids in the process of the liquid zinc wetting and adhering to the steel.
The steel is dipped into the molten zinc bath and held there until the temperature of the steel equilibrates with that of the bath.
The steel is cooled in a quench tank to reduce its temperature and inhibit undesirable reactions of the newly formed coating with the atmosphere.
Lead is often added to the molten zinc bath to improve the fluidity of the bath (thus limiting excess zinc on the dipped product by improved drainage properties), helps prevent floating dross, makes dross recycling easier and protects the Pilling kettle from uneven heat distribution from the burners. Lead is either added to primary Z1 grade zinc or already contained in used secondary zinc. A third, declining method is to use low Z5 grade zinc.
Steel strip can be hot-dip galvanized in a continuous line. Hot-dip galvanized steel strip (also sometimes loosely referred to as galvanized iron) is extensively used for applications requiring the strength of steel combined with the resistance to corrosion of zinc. roofing and walling, safety barriers, handrails, consumer appliances and automotive body parts. One common use is in metal pails. Galvanised steel is also used in most heating and cooling duct systems in buildings
Individual metal articles, such as steel girders or wrought iron gates, can be hot-dip galvanized by a process called batch galvanizing. Other modern techniques have largely replaced hot-dip for these sorts of roles. This includes electrogalvanizing, which deposits the layer of zinc from an aqueous electrolyte by electroplating, forming a thinner and much stronger bond.
Packaging of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Strip
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Strip:
1) Construction and building: roofing, ventilating duct, handrail, partition panel, etc.
2) Further processing: coating base plate
3) Electric appliance: Refrigerator, washing machine, recorder, microwave, etc.
What is Galvanized Steel?
There are two typical galvanizing ways to obtain a zinc coating: hot dip galvanizing and electrogalvanizing. Hot dip galvanizing is the process that steel is immersed into molten zinc bath to get a zinc coating surface. This not only helps protect steel from rust and corrosion, but also gives the steel a shiny attractive appearance. Electrogalvanizing is the process that uses electrolysis to coat the steel with zinc, which is neither cost-effective nor environmentally friendly. It is hardly to find electrogalvanized steel in our lives nowadays.
What are the advantages of Galvanized Steel?
Because of permanently and successive zinc/iron alloy layers, galvanized steel offers many benefits:
1) Corrosion Resistance: the zinc coating surface protects the base steel not only by providing barrier to corrosion elements, but also by the sacrificial nature of the coating. Galvanized steel often remains in working order with little maintenance for 40 years or more.
2) Excellent Surface Appearance
3) Formability: it can be simply bend to parts with deep drawing requirements
4) Paintability: it can be painted with different colors
5) Weldability: it is accepted various welding practices
What are the disadvantages of Galvanized Steel?
In spite of many benefits, galvanized steel is not always an ideal choice. Galvanized steel cannot be used underground without being properly covered, which can be inconvenient for many jobs.
Where do we use Galvanized Steel?
It is primarily used in the construction industry, such as roofing, wall cladding, and support beams. It is also used in the automotive industry, due to its enhanced paintability, weldability and corrosion resistance. Moreover, it is an essential material for white goods application, such as refrigerators, air-conditioners, washers, microwaves, vending machines and audio visual systems.
We will contact with you within 8 hours