In plants that manufacture metal structures, the sections from the primary rolling mill are used to fabricate various standardized structural members, as a rule, in a limited assortment of types.
The products include solid members, which are subject only to bending (beams); latticed units, which are subject primarily to bending (trusses); members subject primarily to compression and bending (columns, struts); and members subject only to tension (cables).
Hot rolled steel from Shanghai Metal Corporation features stable quality and a wide variety of steel types.
We provide hot rolled steel strips and coils in various standards from mild steel to high strength steel.
We also have a wide range of sizes in accordance with your needs.
Specifications of the Hot Rolled Steel Strip:
1) Thickness: from 1.2mm - 14mm, all available
2) Width: from 15mm - 600mm, all available
3) Grade: Q195, SGCC, DX51D
4) Coil weight: from 50kg to 7000kg, all available
5) Coil ID: 100mm - 508mm
Features of Hot Rolled Steel Strip:
1) Wide varieties of products: Hot rolled steel tape/strip has various standards, from mild steel to high-tensile strength steel. We also have available in a wide range of sizes and various surface finishes such as black finish, pickled finish, and shot-blasted finish; all can be selected in accordance with your needs.
2) Stable quality: products of stable quality are manufactured under strict quality control, utilizing excellent equipment and techniques, and drawing.
Process of Hot Rolled Steel Strip
Reheating → Descaling → Blast furnace → Roughing → Edging → Descaling → Cropping → Finishing → Temperature Control → Gauge Control → Flatness and Crown → Laminar Cooling → Coiling → Hot Rolled Steel Sheet
Packaging of Hot Rolled Steel Strip
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Flat-rolled products, namely, plates, strips, and sheets, are also manufactured.
By combining these various structural members, a fabricating plant can produce steel structures for almost any purpose, either as completely assembled units (if the overall dimensions permit transport) or as large individual assembly units.
Assembly of the individual structural members and larger assembly units is accomplished with welded, bolted, and riveted joints.
Applications of Hot Rolled Steel Strip: