Specifications of Special Steel Grating:
Special Steel Grating can be produced according to customers' special requirements, contact us to get more information
1) The shape of bearing bar: Plain type (may be omitted in the symbol of steel grating), Serrated type and I-Shape type
2) Bearing bar pitches can be 12.5, 15, 20, 30, 30.16, 32.5, 34.3, 40, 60mm, of which 30mm & 40mm are recommended
3) Cross bar pitches can be 38, 50, 60,100mm, of which 50mm & 100mm are recommended
4) Surface treatment: Hot-dip galvanizing, paint or other anti-corrosive coatings are available, of which hot-dip galvanizing is generally recommended
5) Material: Carbon steel/ stainless steel
The allowed deviation of length is +0/-5mm, while the allowed deviation of width is +/-5 mm.
The non-perpendicularity of bearing bar is allowed no more than 10% of width of bearing bar.
Cross bar surface should not surpass bearing bar surface 1mm, beginning & end of cross bar should not surpass the end surfaces of two sides of grating 2mm.
The Most Popular Specifications of Special Steel Grating:
1) Steel grating with 30mm bearing bar pitch is the most widely used in industrial area. Among the general series, it maintains the strongest resistance to impulsive force.
2) Steel grating with 40mm bearing bar pitch is one of the most economical & lightest types. It should be the best choice to customer on the occasion when the clear span is small.
3) Steel grating with 60mm bearing bar pitch & 50mm cross bar pitch is developed specially for mining industry. As it can avoid the mineral splashing down on board, it’s appointed to use in fabrication plant, transfer terminal & other areas of mining.
Special Steel Grating Saddle Clip:
Type A saddle clip - composed of a top board with double hooks, a holding down plate with teeth and M8 inner-hexagon-bolt.
Type B saddle clip - composed of a top board with double hooks (one of hooks can draw together the two neighboring steel gratings), and a holding down plate with teeth and a M8 inner-hexagon-bolt.
Type C saddle clip - composed of a top board with double hooks and a M8 hexagon-bolt can be welded in supporting structure
Instruction of Selecting Special Steel Grating:
We can cut and slit according to customer's special requirement
1) Light & medium duty Maximum recommended spans
2) Heavy duty Maximum recommended spans
Manufacturing of Special Steel Grating
Material → Welding → Cutting → End plate welding → Surface treatment → Final shipment
Packaging for Special Steel Grating
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer’s requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I.D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Shanghai Metal provides standard seaworthy packaging to our global customers to avoid damage during the delivery prcess. We can also meet the customers' requirement to pack the goods. In general our product have a wooden pallet and fixed by flat steel strip.
Applications of Special Steel Grating:
Steel grating can be used in the many special fields of flooring, catwalk, mezzanines/decking, stair tread, fencing, ramp, dock, trench cover, drainage pit cover, maintenance platform, pedestrian/crowded pedestrian, factory, workshop, motor rooms, trolley channel, heavy loading area, boiler equipment and heavy equipment area, etc.
1) Plain: one of the most widely used gratings, available for flooring, sidewalk, drainage pit cover, stair tread, etc.
2) Serrated: Better non-skid property & safety compared with plain grating
3) I-shape: lighter, more economical and practical comparing with plain grating