Steel wire rope is used across a wide spectrum of industries for many applications.
A steel wire rope is made up of steel wires that are twisted to form strands.
The strands are in turn twisted to form steel wire ropes of different sizes, depending on the desired strength of the steel wire rope.
Steel wire ropes are consumables which may be discarded when worn out.
Steel wire ropes are used in mooring, towing and lifting systems.
Specifications of Steel Wire Rope:
Wire rope is made of plaiting strands of wire – normally medium carbon steel – into a thick cable.
The strands are formed around a core. The strands in wire ropes are made of wore twisted together.
Strands with smaller diameter wires are less abrasion resistant and more fatigue resistant.
Strands made with thicker length of wore are more abrasion resistant and less fatigue resistant.
1) Size: From 3mm to 80mm
2) Material of Steel Wire Rope: Galvanized and ungalvanized or stainless steel, etc.
3) Core: IWRC, FC and WSC
4) Tensile Strength: 1960 N/mm2 (EIPS) and 2160 N/mm2 (EEIPS)
The following abbreviations are commonly used to specify a wire rope:
Wire Rope range:
1) 9×19S+IWR, 9×19W+IWR, 9×21Fi+ IWR, 9×19S+9×7+Fc
2) 9×19W+9×7+Fc, 9×21Fi+9×7+Fc
3) 8×19S+Fc, 8×19W+Fc, 8×25Fi+Fc
4) IWRC 6×Fi(29)、IWRC 6×WS(31)、IWRC 6×WS(36)
5) 34×7+Fc, 34×7+IWS, 36×7+Fc, 36×7+IWS
6) 17×7+Fc, 17×7+IWS, 18×7+Fc, 18×7+IWS, 18×19+Fc, 18×19+IWS
7) 18×19S+Fc, 18×19S+IWS, 18×19W+Fc, 18×19W+IWS, etc.
Different Cross-sectional Views of Special Wire Ropes:
Packing of Steel Wire Rope:
Shangahi Metal Corporation Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) SMC Standard
Applications of Steel Wire Rope:
1) Construction and offshore rigging
2) Marine Industry and Ministry of Defence divisions
3) Can be used for elevator, crane lifting, hanging basket, colliery steel, seaport, and oilfield.