Specifications of Cold Rolled Steel Coil:
1) Grade: SPCC, SPCD, SPCE, DC01-06, St12, Super deep drawing, etc.
2) Standard: JIS G3141-1996, EN 10131-2006, DIN EN 1002, JIS G3445
3) Thickness: 0.18mm - 3.5mm
4) Width: 600/1000/1250/1500 (mm) or per customer's request
5) Coil ID: 508mm/610mm or per customer's request
Cold rolling is used to further treat hot rolled steel sheet to increase its strength and its strength-to-weight ratio
and enable it to hold tighter tolerances during fabricating and machining. In addition, cold rolling is used to smooth
and finish the surface of hot rolled steel. The processes used to improve the surface finish
and to size the cold rolled sheet more precisely include chemical or mechanical descaling and cold rolling or polishing.
When the protective oxide surface normally found on hot rolled sheets is removed during cold rolling,
it leaves a surface finish that is considered perishable. Great care must be taken during handling, storage,
and shipment to preserve and protect this smooth, slick, surface.
Packaging of Cold Rolled Steel Coil
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of Cold Rolled Steel Coil:
Cold rolled steel sheet is used for engineered products that require tight tolerances and coated surfaces. These include:
1) Appliances, including stoves, ovens, refrigerators, washers, dryers and small appliances
2) Exposed automotive and aircraft components
3) Building frames
4) Deep-drawn shells
5) Stamped parts