Shanghai Metal Corporation is proud to supply high quality Cold Rolled Steel Plates. We are one of China's
leading steel mill manufacturers, and we promise our customers reliable quality, quick delivery and excellent
post-sales service. Special standards and grades can be manufactured according to customer requirements.
Specifications of Cold Rolled Steel Plate:
1) Grade: SPCC, SPCD, SPCE, DC01-06, St12, Super deep drawing, etc.
2) Standard: JIS G3141-1996, EN 10131-2006, DIN EN 1002
3) Thickness: 0.20mm - 3.0mm
4) Width: 600/1000/1250/1500 (mm) or per customer's request
5) Length: Customized per customer's request
The use of cold-formed steel members in building construction began in the 1850s in both the United States
and Great Britain. In the 1920s and 1930s, acceptance of cold-formed steel as a construction material was
still limited because there was no adequate design standard and limited information on material use in building
One of the first documented uses of cold-formed steel as a building material is the Virginia Baptist Hospital,
constructed around 1925 in Lynchburg, Virginia. The walls were load bearing masonry, but the floor system was
framed with double back-to-back cold-formed steel lipped channels.
According to Chuck Greene, P.E of Nolen Frisa Associates, the joists were adequate to carry the initial loads
and spans, based on current analysis techniques. Greene engineered a recent renovation to the structure and
said that for the most part, the joists are still performing well. A site observation during this renovation confirmed
that "these joists from the 'roaring twenties' are still supporting loads, over 80 years later!" In the 1940s, Lustron
Homes built and sold almost 2500 steel-framed homes, with the framing, finishes, cabinets and furniture made
from cold-formed steel.
Packaging of Cold Rolled Steel Plate
Shanghai Metal Corporation Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Features of Cold Rolled Steel Plate:
1) Lightness in weight
2) High strength and stiffness
3) Ease of prefabrication and mass production
4) Fast and easy erection and installation
5) Substantial elimination of delays due to weather
6) More accurate detailing
7) Non shrinking and non creeping at ambient temperatures
8) No formwork needed
9) Termite-proof and rot proof
10) Uniform quality
11) Economy in transportation and handling
12) Non combustibility
13) Recyclable material
14) Panels and decks can provide enclosed cells for conduits