Electrogalvanized Steel is available from SMC in coils, sheets and slit coils.
Electrogalvanized Steel is obtained through an electrochemical process in which a thin layer of zinc is added to a Cold Rolled sheet to prevent
rusting. The zinc layer may be present in one or both sides of the sheet and is typically much thinner than on Hot Dip Galvanized steel, most
often of 20g/m2.
The material is available in quality grades ranging from very soft, deep drawing quality up to stronger steel with higher yield points. The
numeric value in the quality indicates the minimum Yield Point in N/mm2. The higher the number, the stronger the steel. Please note that steel
with same Yield Point also can have different characteristics depending on the additional letters in the quality grade.
Specification of Electrogalvanized Steel Coil & Sheet:
1) Grade: SECC, SECD, SECE, etc.
2) Standard: JIS G3313-1998 ASTM 1591-98
3) Zinc coating weight: 30g/m2-90g/m2
4) Surface treatment: Chromate, Oil, Phosphate, Anti-finger
5) Feature: corrosion resistance, weldability, formability, and paint adhesion
6) Available Sizes:
Features of Electrogalvanized Steel Coil & Sheet:
1) Corrosion resistance
a) Protects steel sheet from corrosion through the self-sacrificing corrosion resistance feature unique to galvanization
b) Corrosion resistance and paint adhesion are further improved with a composite galvanization
a) A diverse product lineup is available that features different functions for different uses
b) Ultra-thin sheeting available
c) Rolling technology makes production of sheets from 0.125mm (steel foil) possible
Steel Grade of Electrogalvanized Steel Coil & Sheet:
Manufacturing of Electrogalvanized Steel Coil & Sheet
Packaging for Electrogalvanized Steel Coil & Sheet
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of Electrogalvanized Steel Coil & Sheet:
1) Automobiles: air filters, fans, fuel tanks, etc.
2) Home appliances: refrigerator appliances, microwave ovens, printer, stereo equipment and other electrical applications
3) Building constructions: interior and exterior decorative materials, roofing, ductworks, HVAC products, flashing, doors, sashes, etc.