Galvanized steel coil is a special type of steel coil used in a number of different applications within water pipelines. Steel coil of any kind is flat stock that is thin enough to be rolled into a coil or wound into a continuous roll. It is also able to be rolled out flat and cut at any length or shape needed. Having the steel coil galvanized helps the user by allowing it to be applied in outdoor water pipeline projects.
Specifications of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil:
1) Capacity: about 15000 tons per month for the steel sheet and coil product
2) Grade: SGHC, SGCC, DX51D, Q195, all according to the customer's request
3) Standard: JIS G3302 1998, ASTM A653M/A924M 2004, all according to the customer's request
4) Thickness: from 0.12mm to 5.0mm, all available
5) Width: from 600mm to 1500mm, all available
6) Coil ID: 508mm/610mm
7) Coil weight: from 2-10MT, according to the customer's request
8) Zinc coating weight: 30g/m2-600g/m2, double side
9) Spangle: big spangle, regular spangle, small spangle, zero spangle
10) Surface treatment: Chromated, oils, passivating + oils
11) Edge: mill edge, cut edge
12) Min trial order 10 ton each thickness, 1x20' per delivery
13)Surface Treatment of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil:
14)Spangle of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil:
15) Features: Hot dip galvanized steel features excellent forming properties, paintability, weldability, and is suitable for fabrication by forming, pressing and bending. It is also environmental friendly resource because of its longevity in corrosion protection, low environmental cost, and 100% recyclability
1) CQ - Commercial Quality steel for structural applications
2) SQ - Structural Quality steel for applications that need more draw ability
3) LFQ - Lock Forming Quality
4) DQ - Drawing Quality
5) DDQ - Deep Drawing Quality
※Other Grade: S220GD+Z, S250GD+Z, S280GD+Z, S320GD+Z, S350GD+Z, S550GD+Z
※Thickness: from 0.25mm to 3.0mm, all available
※Width: to 1300mm, all available
Galvanized steel coil can be used outside for diverse applications especially for water pipelines because of its natural ability to avoid rust. Galvanized pipelines has been coated with zinc and this coating protects the steel from corrosion. It is most commonly used for outdoor and underground constructions.
Packaging Information of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Coil:
1) Construction and building: roofing, ventilating duct, handrail, partition panel, etc.
2) Further processing: coating base plate
3) Electric appliance: Refrigerator, washing machine, recorder, microwave, etc.
What is Galvanized Steel?
There are two typical galvanizing ways to obtain a zinc coating: hot dip galvanizing and electrogalvanizing. Hot dip galvanizing is the process that steel is immersed into molten zinc bath to get a zinc coating surface. This not only helps protect steel from rust and corrosion, but also gives the steel a shiny attractive appearance. Electrogalvanizing is the process that uses electrolysis to coat the steel with zinc, which is neither cost-effective nor environmentally friendly. It is hardly to find electrogalvanized steel in our lives nowadays.
What are advantages of Galvanized Steel?
Because of permanently and successive zinc/iron alloy layers, galvanized steel offers many benefits that traditional steels don't.
1) Corrosion Resistance: the zinc coating surface protects the base steel not only by providing barrier to corrosion elements, but also by the sacrificial nature of the coating. Galvanized steel often remains in working order with little maintenance for 40 years or more.
2) Excellent Surface Appearance
3) Formability: it can be simply bend to parts with deep drawing requirements
4) Paintability: it can be painted with different colors
5) Weldability: it is accepted various welding practices
What are disadvantages of Galvanized Steel?
In spite of many benefits, galvanized steel is not always an ideal choice. Galvanized steel cannot be used underground without being properly covered, which can be inconvenient for many jobs.
Where do we use Galvanized Steel?
It is primarily used in the construction industry, such as roofing, wall cladding, and support beams. It is also used in the automotive industry, due to its enhanced paintability, weldability and corrosion resistance. Moreover, it is an essential material for white goods application, such as refrigerators, air-conditioners, washers, microwaves, vending machines and audio visual systems.