Shanghai Metal Corporation are delighted to supply the series of cold formed products
such as square steel tubes, rectangular steel tubes and circular steel tubes.
With the size range from 60x60 to 300x300, wall thickness from 2 to 19mm.
1) Torsional shear constant of cross-section
2) Moment of inertia of cross-section
3) Torsional stiffness constant of cross-section
4) Governing radius of gyration, elastic section modulus and plastic section modulus
Some of these specifications are for both X-X and Y-Y axes.
For exact specification for each nominal size and wall thickness, please see other sources.
Specifications of Steel Square Tube:
1) Square Dimension: 40mm*40mm - 400mm*400mm (if you need special size, please feel free to contact us)
2) Wall thickness: 3mm - 16mm
3) Length: 6-12m (suitable for shipping container packing), can be cutting as customer’s requirements
4) Zinc coating:
Pre-galvanized steel square tube: 60g/m2-150g/m2
Galvanized steel square tube: 200g/m2-400g/m2
5) Standards: ASTMA53, BS1387-1985, GB/T3091-2001, GB/T13793-92, GB/T6728-2002
6) Materials: Q195, Q215, Q235, Q345
7) Processing: cold formed or hot formed
8) Applications: mechanical, manufacture, steel structure, ship building, bridging, automobile chassis
Packaging of Square Steel Tube
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Shanghai Metal Corporation provides standard seaworthy packaging to worldwide customers, usually the tubes are packed in bundles, wrapped by plastic bag, fixed by steel strip, and then placed in the container with steel wire fixing. All these packing detail are to ensure your goods will be safely delivered in your hands.
Applications of Steel Square Tube: tower foundation, tower crane, container frame, steel structure, expressway safety guard, machinery, agricultural canopy, greenhouse, railing
Hollow section steel tube mainly divided into 3 fields:
1) Building structural members: for columns and beams, truss member in long-span construction auxiliary structural member
2) Mechanical members: for construction machinery, agricultural equipment, machinery frames and parts
3) Others: for rack, pallet, high-rise automated warehouse, etc.
Manufacturing of Steel Square Tube:
Uncoilding → Flatting → Shearing and butt welding → Circle shearing → Loop storing → Water cooling → Removal of burrs → High frequency welding → Roll forming → Forming → Nondestructive inspection → Cutting off → Corrosion resistant coating → Packing and warehousing → Marking → Inspection
Features of Steel Square Tube:
1) Excellent equipment
2) Capacity of producing high accurate
3) Heat treatment technical equipment
4) Strict quality management
5) Strong technology and development
Cutting and slitting can be customed as customers' request.